Monday, March 22, 2010

spurts of work and stops and starts

The February snows really did a number on us, so there was no way that we could get all the work done we were hoping to get done by the end of the month. It took forever to dig out of the Cinderblock Chalet and even longer to dig our way into the FoamCoreFantasy in order to continue the work.

We picked up a gig at the beginning of March that turned into a weekly thing and Doug really really really wanted to have a rehearsal in his not-yet-finished basement studio, so that became the priority, which meant that the work we needed to do upstairs in order to move in by the end of February was not going to happen in time.

So we finished that section of the basement, had our rehearsal and then stopped working on the house for a while - so what else is new? I guess we were saving our strength as usual for the big last minute push to the end. Apparently slow and steady is not an acceptable way to pace the activities. There must be dramatic surges and enormous bursts of last minute energy.


Notice that paint job around the edge of the ceiling - that's proof right there that I didn't paint that bathroom. But I will be fixing this situation as soon as I have a chance! I'm glad Doug likes that purplish blue for his studio. It's kind of dark, but it works okay because he's got such excellent lighting down there and there's lots of white coming from the ceiling and there will be even more from the eventual bookcases.

2 comments:

SingLikeSassy said...

Notice that paint job around the edge of the ceiling - that's proof right there that I didn't paint that bathroom. <--this cracked me up.

Cyndy said...

I don't know why I even care, but I see every guy who sees that bathroom (except the colorblind ones)thinking "Man, she painted his bathroom Pepto-Bismal pink to get back at him for last five years of hell" when the truth is I LET him paint his bathroom that color because I'm so nice, patient, and understanding about his need to do things in the weirdest possible way at all times. Hahaha, AND because I have a sense of humor.