The architects were always waiting for information from us that we weren't ready to give them because we hadn't had a chance to sit down and talk about it. I had the feeling that these delays and lack of preparation were going to end up costing us a lot of money in the long run. It was difficult because it seemed like Doug's time was needed on the tour even more than it had been in the past and it was nearly impossible to get out the plans and start going over things without being interrupted.
So in spite of all of the faxes and conference calls with the builder we still get way behind in the planning of our house. It was extremely disappointing to have this be the situation after Doug had convinced me that we would have planty of time to get our house planned during our many long days on the bus.
When we finally got home at the end of May we were at last able to wrap up the final details with the architect so that he could complete the plans. As of right now, construction is set to begin "only" a year and a half after the fire , but we should be back in our house by this coming December if all goes well. I can't wait!