Thursday, April 17, 2008

WE HAVE BIRCHES!!!
Doug deviated from the original plan for the trees. He was out looking at tulip magnolias without me one day when he came across a couple of white birch trees that he just had to have. As usual, I went along with it. They weren't cheap, but they are very beautiful. The one below is in the back yard and there is also one in the front. Check out that super green grass. I planted it last fall, and now I have to mow it. FUN!!!
We put the triple-trunked one in the front yard. I think it will look nice against the eventual gray siding. I'm really starting to like the purple door now. I think the color has darkened somewhat. So maybe I won't repaint it when Doug goes on his short little tour next month. Or maybe I will!!!




Here's what these baby birches will look like when they grow up.

1 comment:

cjlandry@gulftel.com said...

lOOKS LIKE SYCAMORE TREES. GREAT TREES CYNDY AND DOUG. ANNE AND I JUST LOVE TREES LIKE THAT. WE HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE FIRE UNTIL THIS MORNING LOOKING AT THE PICS. WE'VE BEEN AWAY FOR A LONG TIME. LET US KNOW THE NEXT TIME YOUR IN THE GULF AREA. GOTTA GO NOW, MORE PICS TO LOOK AT. CJ, ANNE.