Friday, April 11, 2008

LEADED GLASS IN THE PASS-THROUGH!!!

I found two matching leaded glass windows in an antique store and we have decided to put them in the wall above the opening between the kitchen and the dining room. These windows are in great shape and they have beveled glass. They will bring some southern light into the kitchen by way of the dining room, I hope. They look like this:



And here they are in their positions above the pass-through. They are kind of big, and it's hard to tell how they'll look after everything is in. Doug said if they look funny, it's no big deal to take them out and put in wallboard instead. I'm glad he thinks so! I was doubtful about the proportions, but I've gotten used to how it looks now. I think it will look especially good from the dining room side. This photo is from the kitchen side.



Here is a sketch that shows them with the cabinets. Unfortunately I didn't draw the windows big enough so they don't look as big as they do in real life. I can't wait to get my cabinets installed so I can find out whether this will look okay. I hope it works because the windows themselves are pretty cool looking!

No comments: